Fairleigh Dickinson University (FDU) in Vancouver, Canada, is the first American University to own and operate an international campus. The university has welcomed thousands of international students since its foundation, in 1942. Currently, FDU Vancouver Canada is known for its reputation as a leader in global education.
Through this article, we will try to cover all that you need to know about FDU Vancouver Canada. Including admission process, English requirements, fees, and why you should choose the Vancouver campus .
FDU Vancouver, Canada Academic Programs
With over 1100 students from 70 countries, FDU Vancouver Canada is one of the largest international student bodies among American universities. In addition, the university offers more than 100 individual degree programs divided on four campuses (two in New Jersey, USA, one in Canada and one in the uk).
Undergraduate degree programs at FDU Vancouver campus aren’t much of a difference to the ones offered at the central New Jersey campuses.
The FDU university Vancouver Campus offers Bachelor of Science in:
- Business Administration.
- Information Technology.
And bachelor of Arts in:
- Individualized Studies.
- Individualized Studies with specialization in Hospitality and Tourism Management.
The following graduate degree programs at FDU Vancouver Campus, are offered:
- Master degree in administrative science: is a 30 credits degree. It aims to improve leadership, management and administrative skills of students.
- The Master of Science in Applied Computer Science (MSACS): is a 30-credit program that prepares students for the direct pursuit of productive careers in industry and for continued graduate study.
- Master degree in hospitality management studies: this program consists of 33 credits. It was created to provide a high-quality hospitality management education.
In addition, FDU Vancouver, Canada offers both Pre-University and Pre-Masters programs.
It consists of one semester of advanced academic English-language training. However, it is for students who meet University’s admission requirements. After completion, Students matriculate into one of the four-degree programs listed above.
It provides international students with the advanced skills they need to be successful in the offered Master programs. Where the main focus is on academic reading, writing, and research skills at the graduate level.
FDU Application process
In order to study at FDU Vancouver, Canada, applicants must provide the following documents:
- Official high school transcript: for freshmen or students who attended university or college for less than 2 years.
- Official University transcript: for transfer students.
- English proficiency test results – applicants are invited to submit one of the following:
- TOEFL 79 and above.
- IELTS 6.0 and above (no band below 5.5)
- FDU Vancouver Placement test – it consists of reading a passage and writing an article related to it. After that, writing an argumentative essay. Applicants with TOEFL or IELTS still have to pass this test once they arrive on campus.
- TOEFL 68 and above, and IELTS 5.5 are considered Pre-University Program entries.
- ESL pathway program LOA or completion certificate.
- Two recommendation letters from your teachers or counselor. It should describe how you could succeed being part of FDU Vancouver Campus.
- Scanned copy of passport.
Tuition fees at FDU Vancouver Campus:
The cost of studying a bachelor’s degree at FDU Vancouver in Canada is $869 per credit, or the equivalent of $26,000 annually. The cost of the Pre-University Program is 4800 Canadian dollars. Whereas Graduate Tuition at FDU Canada is $988 for one credit hour, or the equivalent of $29,640 for one year. While the cost of the Pre-Masters Program is 2,200 Canadian dollars.
FDU Vancouver offers scholarships and Financial Aid for international students, where All undergraduate students are considered for study grants. Scholarships offered range from $30,866 to $77,226 for a full program of study.
Scholarships are renewable for each academic year, contingent upon successful academic performance (maintaining a 3.00 GPA or higher for scholarships and a 2.50 GPA or higher for Study Grants).
Why study in FDU Vancouver Campus?
FDU university is one of the most popular private universities offering AACSB accredited business programs.
FDU is also rank as one of the best 10 schools in the world for Hospitality and Hotel Management Programs (CEO Magazine). In addition, FDU Vancouver Campus’ programs are eligible for post graduate work permits in Canada.
FDU Vancouver also offers generous scholarships for international students. Also you can get the opportunity to study in the FDU New Jersey Campus, as well as Wroxton Campus in the UK.
If you need more reasons to consider studying in Canada, Check out Reasons to study in Canada
If you would like to apply to study at FDU Vancouver, we at Golden Gate can help you with all the application process. All you have to do is to fill up the request button. Within 24 hours one of our advisors will contact you to guide and assist you in all procedures!