Considered to be the first American University to own and operate an international campus, Fairleigh Dickinson University, founded in 1942, is without any doubt one of the highest quality private universities when it comes to the educational programs it offers.
With more than 100 individual degree programs offered divided on four campuses (two in New Jersey, USA, one in Canada and one in the uk) it wouldn’t be an exaggeration if we say that Fairleigh Dickinson University is one of the highest-level private universities.
As we’ll leave talking about every single aspect about Fairleigh Dickinson University programs to another article, in the following lines, we will try to cover what you should know about FDU Vancouver, Canada. including the approval process, English requirements, tuition and fees, and giving you at the end a few reasons to choose the Vancouver campus .
FDU Vancouver Academic Programs:
In terms of undergraduate degree courses, the FDU Vancouver campus academic programs aren’t much of a difference to the ones offered at the central New jersey campuses.
The Vancouver Campus offers the Following programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology.
- Bachelor of Arts in Individualized Studies.
- Bachelor of Arts in Individualized Studies with specialization in Hospitality and Tourism Management.
What differentiates the FDU programs from any other similar ones, is that the university uses a very unique educational system, revolving mainly around mixing the traditional course delivery education model (in person lectures), with a much more developed online learning courses that make studying at the FDU, Vancouver Campus an experience of its own.
For the graduate degree programs, Vancouver Campus offers the following:
- A master degree in administrative science: the program consists of 30 credit degree to improve leadership, management and administrative skills of the graduate.
- A master degree in hospitality management studies: this program consists 33 credits, the program was created to provide a high-quality hospitality management education.
In addition to what stated above, FDU Vancouver offers both Pre-University and Pre-Masters program, providing advanced English learning courses and academic skills to be successful in the Administrative science and hospitality management studies.
You may also like: Study in Canada.
For studying at FDU Vancouver, applicants must provide the following documents:
- Official high school transcript for freshmen or student who attended university or college for less than 2 years.
- Official University transcript for transfer students.
- English proficiency test results – applicants are invited to submit one of the following:
- TOEFL 79 and above, IELTS 6.0 and above (no band below 5.5)
- FDU Placement test – consists of reading passage and writing an article related to it, then writing an argumentative essay (applicants with TOEFL or IELTS still must pas this test once they arrive to campus.
- TOEFL 68 and above, and IELTS 505 are considered Pre-University Program entry.
- ESL pathway program LOA or completion certificate.
- Two recommendation letters from your teachers or counselor describing how you could success being part of FDU Vancouver Campus.
- Scanned copy of passport.
Tuition and fees:
For undergraduate programs, annual tuition fee range is $6,090 to $20,760 based on 30 credits per year. however, students can benefit from generous entrance scholarships, covering 15% to 75% of total tuition, and based mainly on academic performance.
For graduate programs, annual fees are $16,650 based on 18 credits per year.
Why study in FDU Vancouver Campus?
As we mentioned above, FD University is considered to be one of the most popular highest quality private universities offering AACSB accredited business program.
FDU is also ranked one of the best 10 schools in the world offering Hospitality and Hotel Management Programs (CEO Magazine), and FDU Vancouver Campus’ programs are eligible for post graduate work permit in Canada.
FDU Vancouver also offer generous scholarships for international students, and the opportunity to study in the FDU New Jersey Campus, as well as Wroxton Campus in the uk.
Still need more resons why you should consider studying in Canada ? Read this article.