USA student visa application for international students may last for several months. In some cases, students might miss the first few weeks of their study program. But what if I told you that you can start your master’s studies in the USA from any part of the world, and then move to the USA to complete your studies? Sounds good, right? Our partner university, Johns Hopkins University (JHU), offers you the chance to cut the budget for your tuition fees and to ease your transition into USA university life.
Keep reading for full information about this amazing opportunity!
About Johns Hopkins University (JHU)
Johns Hopkins University (JHU) is US private university located in Baltimore, Maryland, United States. The university changed American higher education by integrating teaching and scientific research. It was founded in 1876, making it the oldest research university in the USA. it also ranks among the most prestigious universities in the USA and the world.
Johns Hopkins University has 10 divisions on campuses spread in 5 locations in the USA, with international centers in Italy and China. JHU’s main academic schools are:
- School of Arts and Sciences.
- School of Education.
- Peabody Institute.
- School of Engineering.
- School of Nursing.
- Applied Physics Laboratory.
- School of Medicine.
- School of Public Health.
- and School of Business.
- School of Advanced International Studies.
The School of Engineering is one of the university’s oldest schools (established in 1909). It is also considered one of the most famous engineering faculties in the USA.
Johns Hopkins Whiting School of Engineering
The Johns Hopkins Whiting School of Engineering has a long history of training the best and brightest engineers. Also, it is one of the largest continuing education schools in engineering in the United States
The Johns Hopkins School of Engineering offers part-time and online Master’s programs in 22 majors. This helps engineers to further their education and skills while continuing to work.
Johns Hopkins Engineering for Professionals programs have been ranked 12th among the finest online graduate programs by US News & World Reports. This was based on the experience and leadership of its academic staff and the use of cutting-edge technology in teaching and learning. Whiting School of Engineering at JHU also was mentioned in other rankings:
- Ranked #17 for Best Physics Schools (US News & World Reports).
- Ranked #17 for Best Engineering School (US News & World Reports).
- Also Ranked #25 for Best Computer Science Schools (US News & World Reports).
- Civil Engineering is ranked No. 3 in Civil Engineering Programs (US News & World Report).
Mode of teaching
There are 4 different modalities of teaching at the Whiting School of Engineering at JHU. Options offered for master’s and certificate are:
- ONLINE: Engineering courses offered entirely online.
- ONSITE: Learn face-to-face in a traditional classroom environment on the JHU campus.
- HYBRID: Mix, match and take courses ONLINE and on the ONSITE..
- VIRTUAL LIVE: attend class onsite in a classroom with the option of attending remotely (3VL).
Home-to-Hopkins Master of Engineering programs: JHU 1+1 Program
JHU university offers international students the chance to join the Home-to-Hopkins program. This is a hybrid program that helps students to begin their coursework from anywhere in the world, then shift to residential studies at JHU.
Nowadays, international students look for ways to save time, money, and effort in their studies abroad. Therefore, the Home-to-Hopkins Program was designed to help them achieve that. Students to start their program online and travel to the USA whenever they are ready. This is an amazing chance for those who need time to prepare for their US student visa application.
So the students start their Master’s studies from home, finishing 2-4 remote graduate courses. Later on, the student travels to the USA on a student visa and spend a full academic year on campus at JHU.
Keep in mind that since you will be studying as a full-time residential student at Johns Hopkins. You will be eligible for 3 years OPT. (STEM-approved programs in the US).
What are the advantages of studying Home-to-Hopkins Master of Engineering programs at JHU?
There are many advantages for enrollin in the professionals program Home-to-Hopkins at JHU:
- Cut off tuition fees: Home-to-Hopkins programs are cheaper compared to full on-campus engineering programs. However, students get the same master’s degree. By choosing to study the Home-to-Hopkins program, students can save up to US$38,000 in tuition.
- Flexible and convenient options: instead of wasting time waiting for your US student visa approval, you have the chance to start your program early. Also, this will allow you more time to adequately prepare to relocate to the United States
- High-quality education: JHU School of Engineering offers courses taught by top engineering academic staff, scientists, industry leaders, and senior executives.
- Work in the USA: After completing your Master degree, the student is eligible for 3 years OPT in the United States.
- Learn from the best: Learn from the scientists and engineers who are the actual developers of innovations that will lead to a brighter future in engineering.
Home-to-Hopkins Master of Engineering offered Programs
JHU’s School of Engineering offers five master’s degrees in engineering to international students:
1. Master in Computer Science
Computer science specialists are in demand In the United States. Their yearly average wage is US$179,000. Also, This is one of the most prestigious MSc programs in Computer Science with over 20 years of experience teaching local and international students.
U.S. News & World Report ranks this master’s program in 2nd place. It features a thoughtful blend of virtual and on-campus coursework. These advanced, industry-specific courses will assist you in mastering the skills required to make a meaningful mark as a computer scientist and progress your career.
2. Master in Data Science
This master’s program in data science is ranked 2nd in the field by US News & World Report. So by joining this program, you will get an in-depth understanding of machine learning, game theory, encryption, storage, statistical analysis, and many other technical disciplines.
3. Master in Financial Mathematics
With a master’s degree in Financial Mathematics, you’ll be able to handle the most difficult math issues for financial firms ranging from Wall Street to Canary Wharf.
4. Master in Applied and Computational Mathematics
You can advance your career in software development, logistics, and other fields by combining your interests in applied mathematics and computer science. So it’s time to concentrate on your education to secure a high-level position job.
5. Master in Engineering Management
The Engineering Management Program is ideal for engineers who want to become strategic technical leaders. With all of the technical difficulties that we face, there is an urgent need for firms to integrate technical and business abilities to tackle tough problems. Graduates of the Master of Engineering Management can fill this gap.
Tuition fees for Home-to-Hopkins Master of Engineering programs
Tuition fees for the Home-to-Hopkins Master programs are lower compared to full on-campus programs. Students can save up to US$38,000 in tuition. In addition, the first year will be taught entirely online, this will help students to save on living expenses in the USA since they will be at home.
Tuition fees mentioned below are for all five master’s degrees in engineering mentioned earlier.
- First-year tuition fees: Students can complete 2-4 courses online. The cost of one course is US$5,000, so the first year will cost around US$20,000 only.
- Second-year tuition fees: Students continue their studies on campus,and tuition fees are US$31,000 per semester.
Requirements to apply for the Home-to-Hopkins Master of Engineering programs
To apply for any of the Home-to-Hopkins Master of Engineering programs, you should meet the following requirements:
- Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) test (JHU code: 4655; Engineering Department Code: 1699).
- Degree certificate and official transcripts of records.
- English proficiency test: TOEFL or IELTS (waived for native English-speaking applicants, and international students finised Bachelor’s or Master’s degree where English was the language of instruction). The minimum TOEFL score for admission is 100 (internet) and the minimum IELTS score is 7.0.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Pay application fee.
- Three recomandation letters.
- Other documents.
What are the steps to apply for Home-to-Hopkins Master of Engineering programs at Johns Hopkins University?
Our students must have a Bachelor’s degree in a field related to their chosen Master’s program. In addition, to meeting the requirements outlined in the prior section. you can apply directly to the program of your choice through our company Golden Gate Study Abroad.
At Golden Gate, we guarantee that you will be admitted to Johns Hopkins University and begin your studies as soon as possible. So the application process is completely simple and clear. Start with a free consultation to address all of your questions. All you have to do is click on the button below and fill out our application. One of our advisors will reach you within 24 hours to begin planning your future in the US!