Applied Diploma in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
(46 or 56 weeks) in Vancouver Canada
Do you dream of being an entrepreneur, working in a startup or being an intrapreneur in a big corporation?
Do you feel the entrepreneurial pull but don’t know which way to go with it?
Regardless of where your entrepreneurial journey is taking you, the Global Startup School has a program to get you there.
Whether you’re interested in starting your own venture or wanting to be a self-starter in a bigger company, come to Vancouver to learn the essential skills to Launch, Market, Execute and Run a new business venture!
For aspiring entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs
In this hands-on program you will learn from experienced business owners, managers, and experts how to develop and create a business idea that will iterate and evolve and the skills and knowledge needed to launch and run a successful business.
Each module takes the foundations learned in the core Innovation & Business Ideation course and puts a real-life strategy, operations, sales & marketing, financial management and communications lens on the business idea you and your classmates have decided to pursue.
Go Beyond the Classroom
You will learn both in and out of class as you work on a business project from inception to launch. Each course module comes with a series of relevant tasks to complete on your project. New Entrepreneurs in Residence will join the program in each module to share their wisdom, tips and techniques. Mentors are available for advice and coaching. Instructors assist you as you work through the assignments, build your business plan and develop your pitch presentation.
Work While Studying
Earn money while you study to help with living expenses. Your Canadian study permit will allow you to work part-time (20 hours per week) during the study term and full time (40 hours per week) during your term breaks. We offer workshops, hiring fairs and tools to assist you in finding work fast! Most students find entry-level jobs in administrative support, hospitality and earn an average of $11-$15 per hour working while you study.
Expand your career opportunities
The skills of entrepreneurship are for everyone – not just for startup founders. In this program you will learn to be nimble, flexible and forward-thinking. You will be confident to drive change and know how to stand out in a company.
Study and launch your business or career in Vancouver
Consistently ranked as one of the top 20 startup cities in the world and one of the top three cities in the world to live, Vancouver is the perfect place to learn entrepreneurship and launch a business or find your dream job.
Develop a viable business idea and apply for Canadian immigration
Ask us about how you can use the business concept you will develop in our program to apply for the Canadian Startup Visa and move to Canada permanently.
- Age: Minimum 19
- Education: min one academic year post-secondary studies OR 24
months of work experience in any field
- English level: International students must demonstrate level 5
English with Tamwood Careers’ online test and interview. The
online test and interview are exempt if CEFR B2, IELTS 5.5, TOEFL
ibT 46-59, Cambridge FCE (C) or Tamwood Language Centre’s
level 5 is presented
40 weeks of study and 16 weeks of term breaks
❏ Innovation & Business Ideation – 4 weeks
❏ Marketing for Startups & Product Launches – 8 weeks
❏ Global Business Strategies – 8 weeks
❏ Execution & Management – 8 weeks
❏ Financial Management – 8 weeks
❏ Business Communication for Startups – 4 weeks
Students must achieve an average of 50% on the final course grades for the six (6) program courses.
Students must also meet Tamwood College’s course attendance requirements.
Tuition fee: $13,000
|Programs Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Sep 11/2017||Oct 5 or July 27, 2018 (46 wk option)|
|Nov 13/2017||Dec 7/2018|
|Feb 5/2018||Mar 1/2019|
|April 30/2018||May 24/2019|
|Sep 10/2018||Oct 4/2019|
|Nov 12/2018||Dec 6/2019|
By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Develop a business idea that is aligned with your passion and personal values
- Create a prototype/ Minimum Viable Product (MVP) to validate a business idea
- Create customer user profiles
- Develop a sales process
- Create a marketing plan that corresponds with sales goals
- Identifying the opportunities and challenges presented when looking at a business model through a global perspective.
- Hire, fire and most importantly retain employees
- Manage both human and capital resources
- Communicate with your accounting team and understand the elements of financial statements
- Define key financial and startup metrics to measure growth and traction
- Develop and manage a comprehensive cash-flow budget
- Develop your fundraising strategy
- Understanding the fundamentals of capital raising and how to pitch your idea to potential funders and investors.
- Identify the legal needs of your startup and start planning an IP strategy
- Operate as an effective team leader
- Communicate through empathy and leadership with business stakeholders, such as investors, employees, and potential customers.
what did students say about the program?
“All the teachers really share their knowledge and experience”
“I am going to remember everything about this amazing experience in Canada”