Boarding School USA
All boarding schools in USA for international students have one thing in common, which is high academic standards and a secure environment. However, every boarding school would bring you different experiences. Where students will be able to grow and develop their personalities living in a community away from home. So what’s boarding school in USA? and why would you send your kids to study there?
What is a boarding school?
Boarding schools in the USA are a type of private or public institution where students can study and stay throughout the school year. Where they spend time with their colleagues and teachers or administrators in the same place.
The word “boarding” is used in the sense of “room and board”. These types of schools are equipped with modern and high-quality equipment. Besides they provide high-quality education and specific programs of sports, arts, and entertainment activities.
Their main goal is to create a learning community where students can concentrate on their studies and reach their full potential.
Why studying in USA boarding schools?
1. Continuous Improvement
The presence of teachers on campus after the end of the school day provides additional assistance to students to acquire skills directly from their teachers.
2. Innovative Education System
boarding schools in their education system stimulate students intellectually through modern teaching methods. This encourage students to think and participate to learn.
3. Your Second Home
The boarding schools include clean and beautiful residences, teachers, specialized staff and years of experience in teaching and hosting international students.
4. Secure Environment
American boarding schools provide a safe and supportive environment for international students who are far from home.
Boarding schools in USA requirements
USA boarding school registration requirements
- Application form at the school.
- Payment of the application form fee.
- A copy of the course score for the last 3 years, translated in English.
- The result of the TOEFL or IELTS exam or similar*. “Some schools have a special exam for international students.” if English is not your first language.
- Some boarding schools require foreign students to pass an admission test called SSAT.
- Letters of recommendation from three teachers.
- Valid passport for 6 months.
- Bank statement from the parents to cover the expenses of the study.
* If the student does not have the TOEFL or IELTS exam and his English language is weak, please contact us in order to find a boarding school that has a strong English language program for the student through ESL (English As A Second Language).
USA Boarding school application timeline
Applications to secondary boarding schools in the US are usually open throughout the year. However, Note that the starting dates are in January or September of each year, in addition to the summer semester which begins in April.
Boarding schools study levels for international students
Classes allowed in most boarding schools in the US for international students are from Grade 6 to Grade 12 (Grade 6-12). Also after the twelfth grade, there is sometimes a preparatory year in order to enter the university.
Types of boarding schools in the USA
There are two main Categories of Boarding Schools:
- Therapeutic Boarding Schools: it's a type of residential treatment program with an integrated school component. Their mission is to guide and support young students to overcome challenges and self-destructive behavior.
- College Prep (college preparatory) boarding school:
The majority of boarding schools in the US are college prep. They are considered as a type of college preparation schools.
4 Type of College Prep (college preparatory) boarding schools in USA
1. Military boarding schools
Their aim is to prepare students for university life, adding discipline and military structure. They teach them to become successful, independent thinkers and leaders.
2. Pre-professional arts schools
If your child loves arts and music and you want them to start preparing at an early stage, these schools help them to train based on their preferable artistic areas. such as music, visual arts, theater, ballet, and creative writing
3. Single-sex school
The perfect choice to anyone who would prefer to send their children to a single-gender education. Where you can choose, boys boarding schools or girls boarding schools.
4. Religious Boarding Schools
If you are considering sending your children to a place where education includes religions and faith values, then these traditional schools are suitable for them.
Boarding schools in USA requirements
How can we assist you to be admitted in one of the Boarding schools in USA?
Golden Gate Study Abroad offers a full range of services for international students in the United States, including:
- Assistance in selecting the best secondary boarding school based on student interests, academic level, English language level, and budget.
- Helping in the preparation of papers required for submission and writing of motivational letters.
- Assistance in preparation for interviewing the required boarding school and interviewing the embassy.
- Obtaining the final acceptance paper in a guaranteed manner.
- Supporting in visa application and airport procedures.
Tuition fees and Scholarships
Boarding schools in United States tuition fees
Application and registration fees are 500 USD payable when sending papers and enrolling in the school.
The cost of studying and residing at secondary boarding schools in USA varies from one city to another. This is governed by a number of factors, especially the city, type of school, type of specialization, student lifestyle.
In general, the cost of studying at USA boarding schools for international students varies from $40,000 to $80,000 USD a year. The cost usually includes tuition, accommodation, food and health insurance.
The fees do not include transfers, activities, personal expenses or travel tickets, usually would cost from 2000 to 3,000 USD during the year.
Boarding schools in USA with scholarships
If you are looking for boarding schools scholarships in USA for international students, a grant can be obtained from 10% to 50% of the fee.
Golden Gate Study Abroad helps overseas students to receive partial scholarships for international students to enroll in USA boarding schools.
Scholarships and bursaries are granted based on qualifications or academic level or financial family status.
Tuition fees and Scholarships
How to apply to boarding schools in USA?
HARGRAVE MILITARY ACADEMY
Considered one of the best boarding schools for boys from grades 7 to 12 interested in training practical training students in Virginia.
Accommodation in USA boarding schools
American boarding schools provide a safe and supportive environment for international students as if they live in their own homes.
Accommodation is organized in separate sex housing where each boys and girls are housed in their own private residences.
Boarding schools include clean and beautiful residences, teachers and staff who also live with their families in dormitories and have long experience in education and hosting international students.
Many businessmen and prominent figures in science graduate from boarding schools because of the high quality curricula offered by boarding schools, as well as educational and recreational activities.
USA Boarding schools Housing Features
Most accommodation in boarding schools has the following:
- Single or double bedrooms with 2 beds.
- The bedroom is fitted with a bed, a desk and a safe.
- Living room and large screen.
- Room for washing and drying.
- A full kitchen with all the required tools.
- Teachers with their families are also housed in student accommodation in their own rooms.
- Sometimes there are some other things like swimming pools, playgrounds, ping pong, gyms, and musical instruments.
Why do you choose Golden Gate Study Abroad for your academic admission?
- Obtain 100% guaranteed admissions from USA boarding schools at a high scientific level.
- Because more than 900 students have tried our services and benefited from our experience in obtaining admissions in America.
- Agents for more than 250 schools, centers, and universities in more than 30 US states.
- We carefully study your application and help you choose the right school that suits your needs.
- Provide you with the opportunity to receive grants up to 50% of the value of the fees.
International students choose secondary boarding schools in America for strong academic results, through university preparation programs, and other programs that can’t be found in their country. Therefore, which help students prepare for the best universities in the United States and around the world.
Now, Are You Ready To Enroll into USA boarding schools?
Apply Today! And Be Part of The Future…